So about six months ago we got this Liebster blog award, and I did a little research on the history of it, and we filled out a post about it and, passed it on to other bloggers. Guess what? like a case of crabs in a college dormitory this award just won’t go away. However, although the award has the same name, the questions and set up of the award is different than the last time we spoke about it.
Here are the rules for the newest version of Liebster Blog Award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the 11 questions the person who has given the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
This is not to suggest that we at the three guys do not appreciate the award or don’t intend to pass it on. Au contraire, we intend to spread this award far and wide until every blog on the planet has received the award at least twice. Big Props to Vern at http://www.videovangaurd.com/ and Andrew and Sarah at http://www.twoticketsfor.com/ for hooking us up. So behold the glory of our mighty Liebster Award !!!
11 things about Adam:
1. My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip and I don’t care if you think it tastes like scope.
2. My Xbox gamer score is probably much larger than yours.
3. Animals have always liked me especially cats. I may have been a crazy cat woman in a former life.
4. I once had a conversation with Jesus, but I was high on mushrooms at the time, so I not sure about the whole thing.
5. I have never once been accused of having a good singing voice.
6. I briefly dated Scott’s sister.
7. My natural position in softball is first base. However, I’m stuck playing in the outfield cause mark can’t catch a flyball
8. I have a BA in history and mostly studied about the U.S. Civil War and reconstruction.
9. I enjoy watching Elvis impersonators and the misses and I had one perform at our wedding. In Las Vegas naturally.
10. I am hung like a bear.
11. I have owned the same Jeep Wrangler since 1994. It’s a 1992 YJ.
11 Things about Mark:
1. I prefer Coke to Pepsi
2. Movies were made for milk duds
3. I hate the Yankees
4. Also the Lakers
5. Hemingway is my favorite author
6. I think the Empire Strikes Back was the best of the series
7. I have an unnatural fear of spiders
8. I have more sunglasses than any one person would need
9. I think Breaking Bad is the best show on television
10. I hate sushi
11. I play way too much Call of Duty with my free time
11 Things about Scott:
The 11 questions from http://www.twoticketsfor.com/
1. What made you want to start blogging? My brother Mark talked me in to it.
2. Who is the most influential person in your life? At this point probably my little man Adam Jr..
3. Which Movie are you most looking forward to that comes out from here till the end of 2012? The Hobbit
4. What hobby do you like to do besides blog? That would be a toss-up between playing softball and playing Xbox.
5. What is your favorite cult classic movie? Wild Things
6. If you could do something else with your life besides what you currently do, what would it be? Move to Costa Rica and grow bananas
7. If Time travel existed what would you use it for? I would have sold my house in 2007 and moved to Costa Rica
8. If you could be any television or movie star in history, who would you be and why? Steve McQueen because he was the King of Cool, I would have to pass on the stomach cancer at the end though.
9. Boxers or Briefs? Boxer briefs
10. If you could make one change to any movie, what would it be and why? I would remove Jar Jar Binks from the Star Wars films
11. Describe your perfect movie-going experience. I think I had pretty close to the perfect experience at a recent trip to the fancy new theater in town Cineopolis. No details now but I plan on writing a post about it.
The 11 questions from Vern at http://www.videovangaurd.com/
1. What would you dream movie theater have, besides just what was being played? Good beer on tap and leather recliners.
2. Name one movie that actually would be good to remake? A Fantastic 4 reboot.
3. What irritates you the most when blogging? People who don’t reciprocate comments.
4. What do you like the best When blogging? Meeting interesting new people.
5. Do you play drinking games to movies? If so, what do you drink? I don’t play games when I drink. However, I enjoy a good hoppy IPA and I like white russians.
6. What is the best way to help save us when dolphins try to take over the world? Zombie Dolphins?
7. What movie do you flat-out refuse to watch, no matter how good people say it is? I won’t watch Titanic, any of the Harry Potter films or any Twilight movies.
8. Name at least 3 movies that you still watch on other formats besides DVD and Blu-ray. I don’t own a VHS of laser disc player but if Die Hard, The Dirty Dozen or Zulu is on TV I am watching it.
9. Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? Perhaps at a wedding that is about the only time you will catch me dancing.
10. What is a good movie that you have a hard time convincing people to watch? I have been trying to get people to watch the Danish film Terribly Happy.
11. What toppings do you like on pizza? What kind of pizza would it be without pepperoni and peppers? Also you can’t get any good pizza pie on the west coast, so I usually just make my own.
Alright now that those 22 questions are out-of-the-way here are the 11 questions that we will be passing on to our Liebster Blog Award recipients.
1. What was the first blog post that you wrote?
2. Red Sox or Yankees?
3. The toilet paper roll should it roll down from the top or from underneath?
4. The last thing I stole was a….
5. What was the worst injury you ever suffered?
6. If you did not blog about film what would you be blogging about?
7. What kind of car do you drive? ( yes I stole that from Swingers)
8. Have you ever eaten a pickled egg?
9. What’s in your pull order? (If you don’t understand this question the answer is nothing)
10. Have you ever fired a gun?
11. Do you own an iPhone or two tin cans and a string?
Here are the 11 lucky recipients of the Liebester Blog Award that we have selected. Our apologies if you already have received the award and or don’t have the time or inclination to participate.